5.4.13

Sweet Chocolate Brownies

There's nothing wrong with sitting on the couch for 3 days watching Breaking Bad and eating brownies right? I LOVE school holidays.


Brownies have been on my mind for a while. It all began with a trip to Max Brenner and then a super chocolate smothered brownie sundae at the Gold Class cinema. Both times were the ultimate over indulgence. Over the past few weeks I have been throwing together some different ideas - white chocolate brownies with butterscotch sauce for example or caramel brownies?! However, having never made an original brownie I thought I might be best to start there. All of the recipes I looked at asked for dark chocolate, being Easter, however, I had a store of dairy milk that I decided I would sacrifice for the great good. I ended up with sweet, fudgey deliciousness.  Eat this. And watch Breaking Bad, it's amazing.


Sweet Chocolate Brownies
200 grams milk chocolate 
120 grams butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
140 grams brown sugar
2 eggs
150 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
50 grams chopped almonds

Melt the chocolate and butter over boiling water. Once melted and smooth remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and the sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisk after each egg. Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt over the chocolate mixture add the almonds and fold in with a spatular. 

Cook in a 170 degree oven for 20 minutes. When removed from the oven the top of the brownies will be cracked and the middle will still be fudgey. 


Chocolate Sauce 
80 grams milk chocolate
20ml thickened cream

Melt the chocolate over boiling water, add cream gradually while stirring the chocolate as it melts down. Top the brownie with the sauce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment